Tuesday, December 11, 2007

My testimony and songs!

How i met Jesus

…first le mi make it clear this is not a religion stuff am putting here ..and I don’t want to raise religious questions .. it’s a simple relationship I began with God …it all started when I was very young I started hanging out with the wrong group of guyz , I was always with the wrong group it lead me to crash with my mum and teachers, I moved from school to school, the administration couldn’t put up with me , I was a thief too, I was dump too always the last in class, getting E’s in everything, I thought they hated me , I tried committing suicide three times ..but dint succeed, only the third time, I was admitted to hospital, but inside me there was a voice calling me ..Sundays when I go to church I feel a strong calling in my heart to follow God I felt him telling me ‘I love you son’…so I used to pray ..funny enough each time I pray something would happen, I started a relationship with God…as I grew I began to feel God more every time I read the bible I felt different it gave me joy, and every time I pray God would answer[I can write pages of testimonies],academically I started to shine slowly , but still I wasn’t ready to fully commit my life to God , as I grew the pleasure of life increased I made many friends[disadvantage of being social and wanting to please everyone am like that]
I started indulging smoking and chewing funny stuff, brewing [I loved chemistry that’s why I ended up doing it in campus] I loved the girls most, but the still voice inside used to haunt me.
After completing my secondary school, I ended up in this gang of 5 guyz we were called Bastic boys, with our popularity increasing in our home town with every chick wanting to be in our group it became even more harder to thing of Jesus, we decided we cant help it lets change our lives when we get married or something, we just couldn’t imagine leaving all the girls and leading a ‘boring life of old men and women’.
For me getting to campus was all I was waiting for I decided I will HARIBU[spoil] like never before…Then I reported to The University of Nairobi as a first year 2002
On that December[my first vacation] I was in the Disco and DJ was spinning reggae music I was dancing and doing all sort of things, I need not to explain.. all over sudden the still voice of God was inside my heart calling me , I tried to forget bout God, but I knew I had to change my life I had no more time left , there and then in that club I decided to give ma life to Christ first thing we resume classes , I have been trying on ma own with no success but the bible say we give our burdens to him , and though our sins are as white as snow he is faithful to forgive …. I remembered the story of the adulterous lady that Jesus loved and forgave and I was filled with tears knowing that He is the only one that can change me my mum had tried, the police had tried but I ran as a fugitive. I decided on that January when I get back to UoN I will give ma life to Jesus.
In January on a Wednesday I went and looked for a bible study and told them I want to receive Jesus, which was a shock to many,
The next big problem was to break the news to bastic boyz[the gang] and our women ,
I prayed to Jesus to save my friends if he wants me to remain a good boy coz I will go back ..they are my buddies we shared a lot…how will I leave the girls…
So on the second vacation I met them they had all this news bout this and that and I hardly was able to explain to them bout why I changed ma life, we had a lot to catch up I just told them I decide to let Jesus in my life ..they either dint hear it or they thought I was joking..at night we were cooking dinner and I felt like I want to pray ..I dint know for what..so I excused myself and went to the near by bushes I really prayed to God bout forgiveness and stuff cried a lot dint really understand what I was praying for..when I came back to the room they were all trembling and asked me they want to receive Jesus, I layed hands on them….from that day the rest is history he he he .. n-way I took them to a nearest church and we introduced our selves, at first the congregation was shocked 5 thugs who have been making parents not to send their daughters to town in fear they may land in the gangs hands, drunkards, and they all come to church claiming they are born again, a shock, people dint believe some said after finishing the girls in town we have now invaded the church ..some said we have just realized we are HIV positive that’s why we have ran to God ..all sort of stuff ..but we told them we are there to stay God doesn’t judge he looks at the heart ..we struggled ..God lead to us a passionate brother who discipled us, prayed prayer of deliverance for us ..taught us how to pray and fast , how to live a righteous life and finally prayed for our baptismal with the Holy Ghost which I will never forget..but 5 years down the line we have seen tremendous growth ..now life isn’t just good I mean you don’t pray and you get, its hard when you now know God there is a lot , really I just cant finish..dont believe the plant a seed , get rich stuff being preached around …Christ dint leave a religion ..he just wanted a relationship with us ..as simple as that..very clear in the Holy Bible
This is the good part you just wanted to know how I received Jesus and my friends that’s how it happened really …..but if you ask me bout now knowing God its a really different story ….not of answered prayers but of patient , hurts , lack , pain , now that’s the really part I like talking about it’s the relevant part its what people don’t like talking about
And its what that has made me who I am[not answered prayers and stuff] and its what I thank God …le me stop for today God loves you!

my songs!

The songs you see I wrote when I was going through desert there are other like 15 songs that I had wrote earlier but realized I had jut wrote them for fun but after what I went through I knew God more and now wrote out of revelation.

1. Sweet Jesus

In my days of separation, desperation, condemnation
No a friend I could rely on, no hope for a tomorrow
All my words all my gestures, all my smile were all dry
Like a falling leaf in a stream so was my dreams all gone,
Why God did you put me in this lonely ugly world.

CHORUS
You came from above set [my heat in fire]*2
Your love is so sweet like [sugar and spice]*2
I will sing I will cry for your [love forever]*2
Your beauty is so amazing makes the [stars fall down]*2
Your holiness so dazzling makes the [Kings fall down]*2
Ooohh Jesus I will love u till the end of days

The Lord is the Lord to those who make Him Lord
The Lord is so good to those who wait upon Him
The Lord hears the cry of a righteous man
The Lord is so close to a heart broken man


2. Children of the kingdom

CHORUS
We are children of the kingdom
We are sons of the most high
We are children of the kingdom
We are heirs with the Lamb

We are purified we are sanctified,
We are justified by the blood of the Lamb,
We are kings we are chosen race,
Gods own holy nation.

Though our outside is fading
Our inside is renewed everyday
Though we seem to be poor,
But indeed we are rich.

Let us fix our eyes on the things in heaven
Things on earth are fading
Let us fix our eyes onto Jesus
Holiness and love.


Let us sing maranatha,
Let us hope let us wait,
In a tickling of an eye,
So shall all of us fly away.


3. Wounded soldier

CHORUS
Wake up soldier wake up warriors
Wake up holy ones of Jesus Christ
In front of you there is some light, there is some hope.

I know you are wounded, bleeding broken, I can see
You have fallen, six times, but I am sure you’ll rise again.

Don’t worry, it was meant to be, with casualties, this is war,
But it’s written; He fought for us, and gloriously, conquered for us.

Hold my hand, dear comrade, let’s continue with the race
Let’s crawl, let’s limb, in direction of our destiny

4. Rise

CHORUS
I will rise again, I will rise a second time,
I will raise oh God,
And posses my promised land.

Though am crushed to the ground,
Poured out in a grinding stone,
They have left me desolate,
I know one day you will raise me again.

Though I am heart broken another time
It has left me with no more faith,
I have cried till my tears run dry,
I know one day you’ll raise me again.

It’s still hard for me to pray,
Yes even to open the chapters of the bible,
It’s still hard for me to trust you again,
But I know one day you’ll raise me again



5. Gods smugglers

CHORUS
They are God smugglers
Oohh God Smugglers
They are God smugglers
Main stake holders of the kingdom*2

See them walk in Arabia
Holy book hidden in their waists
Eating and sleeping in trenches
They are God smugglers

See them walk in Discos
Holy cross hanging in their necks
Waking at three to intercede
Their God smugglers

See them in Chinese border
“We are very good tourists”
Holy bible in their bags
Their God smugglers

Tropical diseases in Africa
Guns and Bombs in the Far East
Swords in the southern Sudan
They are Christ smugglers

6. Wait for you

I see light from a distance
I see love from a distance
I see joy and comfort
I see beauty for ever more

I will wait for you Lord *4

There is hope before me
The king of kings promised me
I will reach my fathers land
I will sit in Canaan side

I am a sojourner in this desert
I am a passerby in this dry land
I have made a temporary place
Coz tomorrow I fly away

He is not a man that He may lie
His hand not short to bless me
All I need is to believe
I have possessed my promised land

7. Far, Far away

CHORUS
You seem to be far away,
Far to the mountains,
You seem to be far away,
But I know you are ever present

Ooh God give me faith to wait upon you
Ooh let me use not my feelings
Ooh Jesus I cry to you, I wana trust you alone

I try to pray my Lord but no breakthrough
I try to worship and lift up my hands but still down
Ooh my beloved give me faith to believe you are here today

When I search for good evil come my way
When I wait for light darkness comes my way
Days of afflictions run towards me

8. Designed

This song I will dedicate to my friend Larry Liza, and Grace, as you were serving God he let you loved ones pass away!

I know what you are going through
I feel the pain it’s unbearable
You feel that you are alone
Ooh there is none that understands you

I know you can’t pray
Those encouraging verses you know off head
I know you feel He has deserted you
You are even thinking of taking your life

Why me Lord? Is your song
You have million and one questions
No one seem to have the answers
None feels you right

But let me tell you friend, he is there with you
He is weeping with you
He has let it happen with a reason
He has designed you to overcome
He has designed you to overcome


9. Restoration

The day of restoration is coming, am ready to receive it
The day of our Lord is coming, am ready as a witness
The Glory of our Lord is coming, am ready to perceive it
The favor of the Lord is coming, I am already prepared

We walked and walked and didn’t give up
We were tested and we didn’t fall
We were tired but we went on
Gave His son we believed Him and now….

We walked naked and still trusted
Persecuted but pledged allegiance
We were confused but we went on
We were in doubts but we believed

We needed encouragement bet we gave it
When we fell we crawled forward
We were injured but limbed forward
Tears rolling down our chicks we waited for Him


10. Am a Christian

I am one of you Christians, one of you
I am one of you Holy Nation, one of you
I am one of you chosen people, one of you
I am one of you

I remember the days of darkness
I was lost and hopeless
I used to drink and careless
I played harlot!
But Jesus blood on Calvary
Gave me hope and new life
Now my name is written
In the Lambs book of life

Came the days of refining
Jesus crushed me to the ground
He killed all my pride
He torn my heart to pieces
The refiner’s fire
Now he has blessed and restored me
I have possessed my promised land
And now…..

I am one of you preachers [intercessors, soldiers,
Prophets, missionaries] one of you,
I am one of you

11. I will sing

A midst all disappointments year,
I will sing to Jesus Christ
A midst all persecution year,
I will sing to Jesus Christ
A midst all temptation year,
I will sing to Jesus Christ
I will sing ooh Lord I will sing,
I will sing to Jesus Christ.

It was yesterday, they hijacked my pastor no
They dint hesitate to shoot at his car,
They took with the money and his car
And was to delivered a message “I will sing”

She is the leader of worship team here
She serves God with zeal and humbleness
The fiancé said doesn’t love anymore
What a pain she is to lead the song “I will sing”

God used me to encourage and preach
We prayed together and saw God moving
I have a chronic disease
No supper today, supposed to write “I will sing”


11. Yahweh favor

I am walking in your favor
Oh walking in your favor
I am walking in your favor
Your gory follows.

As the children of Israel walked out with favor
Carried gold and jewels of Egyptians
As the children of Israel entered with favor
Conquered the Promised Land

As Ester found favor with you
Oh crowned the queen of the land
As Rehab found favor with you
You spared her house hold

David the shepherd found your favor
Oh crowned king while Soul reigned
Soul Christian slayer found your favor
Became Paul the greatest in the Kingdom.

12. Normal girl

She was a normal girl, she was a ghetto babe
As she walked down on the backstreet yard
She cared less, in this free world
No one could talk to her

She loved the smoke, she loved the club
Whisky and men was all fun for her
They called her tom boy, ‘great buddy’
But no one was serious with her

All her dear men, compromised her
They were heat and run fellows
Inside her was a hole, deep hole
No pleasures nothing could fill

Till she was found, by glorious king
Had keen interest and love for her
Her life changed to a queen
The dignity and glory was back

On Sunday, she moved us
By her sermon on love
She is in the club today
To reach to other queens to be

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,am so amazed by your songs.
they are a great blesing to me, wat uve written is most of what i have been thru.
I dint tell you that i too like singing,you are just an inspiration to me,

Am so happy and also grateful to God to have met someone who went thru what i passed atleast to know that everything will be alright and most of all to know am still in the right truck,coz that really scared me, i was headed to deppresion but God saw it before.

Thanks alot may the almighty do you good